Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kindness Challenge

Today is the last day of the month. The Kindness Challenge was way easier than the spending fast. With 6 little people in my life, there have been plenty of opportunities for me to show kindness. I haven't shared every opportunity on this blog that I have taken, but most days I have done multiple things to show kindness. I have seen myself be more aware of how I bless my kids. I am trying to bless them more often when I can. I am thankful for that new awareness and hope to continue in that mindset.

The kids and I have been working on their verses. The oldest 3 accomplished the goal of learning the 1Cor. 13 love verses. I am so proud of them. The younger ones would have done much better if I had taken more time to work with them. That is my fault.

What is happening in March? I have thrown around many ideas in my mind of a challenge or fast for March. It has been hard to settle on one. I have so many things that I could do better. Good thing I have so many months left in this year to work on these areas of my life!

For March, I have decided to commit to reading my Bible EVERY DAY. Now, I realize this is something that I should be doing already. To be completely honest it falls by the wayside in my life way more than it should. You see, not a day goes by that I don't check my email or spend time looking at blogs. Many days can go by without opening my Bible. I am ashamed to admit it, but it is the truth. I want that to change. I am going to be reading in Psalms to start. If I finish that book, I will let you know what book I move to next. My first priority each afternoon during nap time is reading my Bible, not working on the computer.

God is doing something in my heart. I don't know what it is, but it feels life changing. I really desire at this time to lean into that and pursue Him with everything in me in order to truly discern what He is doing. Committing to this time in His Word is one way that I am seeking Him as He speaks to me. I cannot wait to see how He reveals Himself to me, and hope that I have exciting things to share throughout the month.

Can anyone out there relate to what I am saying? Would anyone like to join me in reading the Psalms this month? I would love to read it with others. Imagine how God could speak to all of us and use this in our lives!!

So, if you dare, join me. Let's see what God reveals to us. Let's see how He uses His Word to change our lives!!

2 comments:

  1. Greg and I both wanted to do the "read the Bible in a year" this year, and we have an older verison of the Bible broken down by day for this. But we didn't talk about it until Feb. 1, and Greg has read 2 days worth every day to catch up, and he literally does it every single morning around 6:30 or earlier (weekends are a little different). I started out well (I read at night), then a few days later just didn't make it a priority. So I just decided to read whatever day I'm on, and since Feb. 1 (28 days) I'm only on day 11. :( So what I'm saying is I'm right there with ya! I'm shooting for every other day, but you're exactly right, checking my e-mail is always a greater priority, and that sucks. I want God to speak to me and I want to take time to listen and learn, but I have to take it more seriously. Great idea. I hope you really love reading through Psalms! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Psalms and read them ongoing. I read them forwards and then head through them backwards. I read them along with my other regular reading or in place of it, particularly when my heart is down. I will keep on reading them and look foward to hearing from you as you read them too. I have another friend reading through them right now, so I'm really excited about this direction God is taking multiple people.

    DON'T let the enemy condemn you if you miss a day in the Word. He has no place in your life.

    ReplyDelete