Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Challenge

I started my reading yesterday, and God just continues to amaze me. I did not start at the beginning of Psalms because I had already started reading it previously. So, I just started at the point I was ready for, Chapter 81. I am planning to read at least 5 chapters each day, but obviously more is always an option.

Yesterday I read chapters 81-85. I just think it is so cool how God reveals Himself. I had no idea that I would come across these verses in my first day of this challenge:

Psalm 82:3-4
"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

This is what God has called our family to do over the last 4 years. It began in March '06. Now, here we are 4 years later, and I am in awe of what God has done. Part of the work that God is doing in me right now feels like it relates to this calling. I really can't put my finger on it, but it feels SO BIG. Reading these verses confirms that. I have made this commitment, and God has begun speaking to me right away about this calling He has placed on my life.

As we say at Vanguard,
"So here I am Lord in response to your call,
Send me and Spend me,
I give you my all."

No comments:

Post a Comment