Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 3 - Rick in Africa

- We got to video ichat with Rick for the second time today. I feel so much more comfortable being able to communicate with him in this way. It is comforting for the kids to. We started our day talking to him before heading off to school.

- Isaiah was very disobedient today. We are talking biting a kid in class at MOPS, banging his head on my chest in anger when I was holding him, throwing a rock when he was told to not even touch them, doing the opposite of what I have said most of the day. Bedtime is approaching, and I couldn't be happier.

- MOPs was good. I always enjoy being with other moms, having a yummy breakfast, and getting a "break"(not so much today) from the kids for a couple of hours.

- I have realized that when Rick is out of town, I like to consume huge amounts of sugar (kind of like my friend, Jody. You can click here to read her blog post today.) Yesterday it was truffles and cookie dough. Today, I took Cody to Party City to buy something, and I left with Lolly Suckers, Jolly Rancher Pink Lemonade Suckers(and I don't even usually like sugary things. I usually go for the chocolate, but never fear, I got that, too.), rolos, and a variety pack of Valentine chocolate that included Twix, Snickers, and M&M's.

- My friend, Melissa, came over today. She helped me clean out my girls' room. It was bad. The really bad thing is that we just did this in Dec. Not only was the work so much quicker and more fun, but I didn't get nearly as mad at my girls as I was doing it with her to converse with.

- I am currently counting down the minutes until bedtime. I feel unusually tired tonight. I just don't sleep as well when Rick is gone. How many more days do I have of this?

1 comment:

  1. So you should make these and just combine the cookie dough and truffles:
    http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2010/01/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles.html

    I'm thinking about doing it myself...
    Hang in there. Much love.

    ReplyDelete