Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kindness Challenge - Day 6 - Kindness abounds

I am really hoping this kindness thing will rub off on my kids this month. I see them treating each other in ways that upsets and disturbs me quite often.

I am enjoying thinking of creative ways to bless them. I need to backtrack on what I did the last few days to bless them.

Feb. 4th - We found out Lauren had strep throat. Yes, she was miserable so I spent most of the day again sitting and cuddling with her. I also got her a Blizzard to help her throat feel better. My blizzard made me feel better, too even though I wasn't even sick. You gotta love the Buy One Get One Free coupons!!

Feb. 5th - I went to Wal-mart and got Sam a surprise - Gogos. If you don't know what these are, you are really out of the loop. They are these little guys that you collect and play a game with. The kids also really enjoy trading them with friends. He loves them and has been very disturbed that he only had 3 and his big brother has 21. So, now he has 6. He was one happy boy. I got lots of hugs and kisses for that one.

Feb. 6th - Today, I allowed the girls to each have some time on my computer. This is a real treat for them. They like to play on Webkinz and other kid sites.

We are learning our verses and passing around the box heart. It is fun to see who gets it on their pillow each day and what the kids choose to put in it for treats.

I just so want my kids to show love to each other. One minute they can be fighting and the next they are getting along beautifully. That can occur multiple times throughout a day.

I grew up with only one brother who is 10 years younger than me. I wanted more brothers and sisters. I try to help them see how fortunate they are to have so many siblings to play with and grow up with. Friends will come and go, but they will ALWAYS have each other!!!

1 comment:

  1. We focus on kindness a lot too. We have kindness cans that really motivate our kids!

    ReplyDelete