Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kindness Challenge - Day 9

9 days into this challenge I am excited that each day I am thinking about ways to show kindness to my kids. I try to teach them that when they show kindness to others that they will be blessed, and they will gain a new love for that person. I am experiencing that. Here are my acts of kindness over the last few days:

Feb. 7 - I bought the kids the Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakwel music on itunes. We listen to music a lot in the car, and I thought that would be a fun addition. We have been enjoying it in the truck on the way to and from school.

Feb. 8 - Yesterday morning, we woke up expecting a snow delay. On snow delays or cancellation days we always have hot chocolate and a big breakfast. Well, we were disappointed to find out that school was on as scheduled. I decided to give them hot chocolate anyway. They were very excited.

Feb. 9 - Today I plan to do a little act of kindness for Cody. He has a book ready for him at that library. He likes to read before going to sleep at night. He won't have anything tonight unless I go out of my way to get the book for him from the library. After school we will go the library to pick up his book. This is inconvenient for me, but will bless him.

1 comment:

  1. So hard to hear...would you be able to post apicture of their family? It helps in praying for them.

    ReplyDelete