Friday, February 19, 2010

Friends to the Rescue

Yesterday, I woke up really emotional. Not really sure why. I am assuming it is that spiritual battle thing I spoke about. Anyway, some great friends really ministered to the kids and me yesterday. I am kicking myself right now as I type this wishing I had taken some pictures of yesterdays events. I felt so blessed and pampered, the thought didn't even cross my mind.

It started in the morning. Sam had a medical appt. Heidi not only kept Isaiah and Laila for me during that appt, but also fixed Sam, Isaiah, Laila, and me lunch at her house afterwards. Now, let me just say, her hubby is out of town, too. She has enough on her plate already, but she chose to bless us. It was so nice to bring the kids home and put the little ones straight down for their nap with no lunch to make or clean up. Thank you, Heidi!!

Last night, Melissa and Amber came over and invaded(in a really good way) my kitchen. They walked through the door loaded with groceries. Then, they proceeded to prepare a "breakfast for dinner" feast for our family. I am not joking when I say, "feast." Let me just tell you all that they prepared for us. We had chocolate chip pancakes(regular and gluten free)with whipped cream and syrup, eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, fruit, hash browns, orange juice, and milk. Seriously, we never have that much variety at a meal. In addition, they cleaned everything up and washed all the dishes.

The kids entertained us with their dance moves which brought much laughter. After the kids were in bed, we just talked until they went home. What a treat!!

I can't even tell you how much of a blessing it was, not only to me, but it really impacted my kids. They felt very special. I love to be able to share with them how their community cares. They are seeing and experiencing real life examples of God's love being shared through His people. It seems fitting since we are focusing on kindness around her this month. Thank you Melissa and Amber for taking such good care of us while Rick is away!!

1 comment: