Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Baking

Many of you have asked me how I do it all with 6 kids. Well, first of all, let me tell you, I don't do it all. I have created a few systems that work for us that allow me to do some things. One of those is my Sunday afternoon baking. I have found that if I am able to spend a couple of hours on Sunday afternoons doing some baking, I can make my mornings easier for the rest of the week.

Basically, I choose a breakfast item like muffins, bread, coffee cake, or egg casserole. I prepare a double batch on Sunday afternoon(if I do a bread item, I make a regular version and a gluten free version because Cody has Celiac Disease). By doing this I make my week much easier. We don't have to figure out each morning what to have for breakfast. The kids can have what I have made, a fruit, and some milk and they are good to go. They can also get their own breakfast which frees me up to get myself and Isaiah and Laila ready. Here is my baking for this week:
Cody's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Regular Chocolate Chip Muffins
Speaking of chocolate chip muffins, does anyone have a good recipe for them? I found this one online and after making them and trying one, don't really care for them. I would love a really good one. Now, I am not telling the kids that I didn't like them. I didn't do all of that work for nothing!!

1 comment: