Monday, February 15, 2010

Family Valentine's Dinner

I have said it before, and I will say it again. We LOVE our pajamas. So, we had our candlelight dinner this year with most of us in our pajamas. If we are at home, why shouldn't we be comfortable?
The kids decorated the table this year. I thought they did a really good job. In fact, I am keeping it that way for a few days because I have some ladies coming over for dinner this week. We had our dinner on Saturday night since Rick was leaving on Sunday.

The Fam - Sam is there, but he decided not to look at the camera
Our Valentine's meal consists of the following:
Stuffed Shells
Love Potion
Truffles - chocolate and strawberry
Cards and money from Papa and Grammy
Abby enjoying her love potion
Cody in one of his poses
Laila
Rick
We end the night with a little competition. A chopstick sweetheart relay. Cody was the winner this year. Isaiah was sooo excited to get 2 of the hearts out with the chopsticks!!
My Kindness Challenge continues. Here are a few of the things I have done for the kids this week:
- Let Cody go to a sleepover(that was actually an act of kindness for both him and me!)
- Bought some Thin Mints for the kids. (These are Lauren's favorite Girl Scout Cookies)
- Let Isaiah watch "Little Einsteins," his favorite show.
- Helped the boys and girls with their laundry.
- Let them do a craft project.(I am not crafty and don't really like the mess that craft projects make)
- Got Abby a new dress and Cody some new jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment