Sunday, February 14, 2010

1st Valentine's Day

Today is a day of firsts for Valentine's Day in our family

- It is the first Valentine's Day since we have been married that Rick and I will spend apart. He is on his way to Swaziland today. I am jealous of him, excited for him, and a little nervous about having him gone for the next 10 days. With recent events surrounding us, I am also praying fervently for his safe return.

I believe in what he is doing. I don't really like it when he travels, but it is different to me when he goes to Swaziland. I love that country, and I love those people. They are my friends. God has crossed my path with them in ways that will affect the rest of my life. I pray God uses Rick greatly, blesses him beyond measure, encourages his heart, and reveals even more details of His calling for our family.

My days are filling up, and that is a good thing for me. If I stay busy, the time goes faster. I push myself each day to get to nap time and bedtime. I just have to be careful not to plan too much. I don't sleep well when Rick is gone. I am naturally a night person anyway. I am way more productive at night. If I could make my own schedule it would be to go to bed around midnight or 1:00 AM each night and wake up at 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning. Since that is not my life, I have to be careful, or I will fizzle out before he returns. When I am tired, I am grumpy. This leads to conflict with the kids.

- This is Isaiah and Laila's first Valentine's Day with us. We had our family Valentine's Party last night. It was fun. I will do a post with pictures soon. Isaiah is in awe of the traditions that we do. They are all new to him and he just soaks up every last bit of them. It is fun to introduce him to these things in our family. I hope he grows up with a sense of love and family as he experiences these traditions that we celebrate.

So, we forge ahead through this week and next. I can't wait to share stories and pictures of Rick's trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment