Monday, February 15, 2010

Let the Games Begin Part 2

I just ichatted with Rick. I love technology. I love that not only can I talk to him, but I can see him, and he can see us. He arrived safely in Joburg and will spend two nights there before heading to Swaziland.

So, as I shared before when he was in Dallas, weird things happen around here when he is gone. Today was the beginning of that. I was going to take the kids and meet a friend at Whit's End. Well, her kids got sick, but we decided to go anyway. I got everyone ready, out the door and loaded into the truck, and then, "click." The truck would not start. Evidently someone in our house left the door open all night. Now, we are stuck.

Thankfully, Laura F. is bringing Cody home from a sleepover and is going to jump it for me. So much for our plans to do something fun this morning. I am thankful it was nothing major and that I have friends that can help me out in a situation like this. Thanks, Laura.

More adventures to come...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I totally hear you on this. A couple of years ago when Brian was out of town, his car was in the shop and I was supposed to get it back. However, while it was at the mechanic, it got rear-ended when the mechanic was test-driving. So, I was down to my car. In the middle of a street, the transmission gave out and I was without a car for a week! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete