Monday, February 1, 2010

Kindness Challenge - Day 1

Today I begin the challenge of blessing my children. So far, I have been able to do a few things that will bless all of the kids. It may not happen every day, but I am trying to follow the mindset of "How can I bless my kids today?" all month.

Since we have been on the spending fast, we haven't been able to rent movies. So, today, I got the kids "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." I am excited to have it for them after school today. We will watch it tonight together.

I also got the kids a special treat at the store as a dessert for supper tonight.

I am going to help switch out the boys laundry today while they are at school This is an easy task, but one that will help them get done faster.

I hope my acts of kindness towards them will not only help them feel loved by me, but will spur them on to do acts of kindness for others. I will let you know about that one!

You may be wondering why I am not including Rick in this. Well, he is going to be gone most of the month. So, serving him in extra ways will be harder than usual.

I do have to admit that while I was out today buying some groceries I took advantage of the fact that the spending fast is over and bought myself a sandwich from Subway for lunch. It is the little things in life, people, especially when your husband is out of town!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment