Friday, January 8, 2010

Spending Fast - Day 8 - Disaster avoided

Our heat that warms the back of our truck where the kids sit has not been working. We have been putting off getting it fixed, but after yesterday's bitter cold temps, we figured we should do something about it. Rick was going to take it in the shop today. I was bummed. It stinks to be trying to save money and not spend to then have to spend it on truck repairs. Rick did some investigating and trouble shooting and experimenting. So, our fingers are crossed that his attempt will be successful not just because of the spending fast, but because we don't want to spend money on truck stuff right now!!! If it works, he will once again be my hero. Heck, he is my hero just for trying. I love that he tries to fix things first before dumping a ton of cash on someone else to do it.

I don't expect to spend any money today. I am staying home and it feels good. As much of an extrovert as I am and as much as I like to get out of the house, a day here and there where I don't have to is just the right medicine for this weary soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment