Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Spending Fast - Day 12 - Seeing God's Provision For What It Is

I spent $25 today on a dr. copay. I consider that a need. Abby has been having headaches, and after doing many things suggested by the dr., it was time to take her in. So, now I am armed with a new set of tactics. If those don't succeed, we will go back for the next step.

I also had to buy gas. $97 to fill it up. Yep, that one was painful, but, once again, a need.

I have been thinking about how God has provided for our family over the 15+ years of our marriage. Whenever we received unexpected money, we would always get really excited and start to plan how we would use it. Inevitably, in the next week something would happen where that money was needed for an unexpected expense. It usually made me mad. Then, with that attitude, I missed the blessing that God provided for us. I was ungrateful instead of thankful.

I don't want to live my life that way. This is how God continuously chooses to provide for us in situations where there was no other provision. I want to see God's provision for what it is. I want to experience a gratefulness that draws me closer to Him. I want to trust Him that He sees our needs even before we have them. In God's amazing goodness, He provides before we even know we need it. How loving and caring is that? It brings a whole new perspective to me.
Thank you, Lord for your loving care. Thank you that you are in control.

By the way, we received the news of some unexpected money that is coming our way. Now I just sit and wait to see how God will use it as His provision for us!!

1 comment:

  1. its so amazing how the Lord shapes our characters. I'm so proud of you and excited to read as you go through this journey.

    ReplyDelete