Friday, January 15, 2010

Spending Fast - Day 15 - What Is Really Important

I haven't spent any money in the last two days.

Honestly, it is not really important in the scheme of what has happened this week. Don't get me wrong. I am not giving up on the fast. I will continue.

My energies right now are focused on praying for and with Renee Hames as we wait for the rescue of her husband, David in Haiti.

We also have friends in our church who have learned in the last week that their 2 year old daughter has cancer.

In light of these circumstances, I am reminded of what is really important in life. It is the people God has given us and not the things that we "think" we need.

As I look at my two adopted children, my heart aches deeply for the families who have children in Haiti they have not brought home yet. It is hard enough to wait for your children, but not knowing if they are alive or safe is almost unbearable.

My heart is heavy. The tears have been flowing freely. We cry out to you God and ask you to deliver in all of these situations.

1 comment:

  1. It was so precious to me to be with you and pray with you today. You are an amazing woman. Those verses the Lord gave you from Psalm 27 have carried me through much of this excruciating day. I love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete