Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lots of Drama Makes Me A Grumpy Mama

The drama in my house abounds tonight!!

Lots of disobeying going on. Lots of discipline being dished out.

It doesn't help that Rick is gone for an overnight pastors' retreat.

After battling with multiple children over multiple issues, I lost it.

I am embarrassed to say that I found myself yelling at one of my kids.

I was telling this child about how he/she needs more self control, and it hit me.

I was not displaying self control at that moment.

In fact, I was being the perfect example of what it means to have NO SELF CONTROL.

Wow!! My kids and my relationship with them teaches me soooooo much!

Maybe that is why God has given me so many kids. There are so many things He wants to refine about my character. Each one of them teaches me something different about myself.

I had to stop in the middle of my ranting and raving and apologize. It was very humbling.

I am not perfect. I don't claim to be. My prayer is that my kids can see past my weaknesses to my heart and my deep love for them and for my God.

1 comment:

  1. We have all been there! Thank God for grace and that children are so forgiving!

    ReplyDelete