Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Help I Don't Need!!

My big kids are frustrating me. They are always more worried about each others' behavior than their own. It drives me a crazy!!!!!!!( I can't type enough exclamation points to fully express how I feel.)

Half of the time, they are complaining about something that I gave their sibling permission to do. All the while, they are doing something they shouldn't be doing!

As the oldest, Cody is especially good at this. He has a strong sense of right and wrong and is VERY black and white when it comes to issues. I have threatened over and over to him that I am going to buy him a "World's Greatest Mom" shirt and make him wear it for a whole day if he can't focus on his own behavior.

I don't really have an answer for this problem, but God is showing me how I am like my kids. I want to point out to God the sins and lives of others. I am sure He is shaking his head at me thinking that I need to wear a "World's Greatest God" shirt. Instead, maybe if we all just focused on our own struggles and behaviors we would all get along a lot better, and our world would be a much better place to live in. Just something I am pondering today. :)

1 comment:

  1. ((((((LAURA)))))))))))

    Don't feel bad...I remember being the same way with my siblings when I was growing up :D

    ReplyDelete