Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sister With An Attitude

Laila has developed quite the attitude lately. She expresses her frustrations by throwing things, or carefully laying herself down in protest(at least she is smart enough to know that throwing herself down could be painful). She also protests sleep by throwing her favorite blanket and noni(pacifier) out of the bed. Sorry, Sister, you throw it out, you take a nap without it!

I know that they all go through this, but each time it makes me sad. Sad that my baby is getting older. Sad that some of the innocent sweetness is leaving. Sad that I have more work to do.

This I can promise to her, "No matter how hard you test me, I will always love you. No matter how much of a fit you throw, I am waiting with open arms to reconcile with you. You are my baby girl. Nothing will ever change my love for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment