Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sam's 6th Birthday

Wow!! I really cannot believe it has been 6 six years since Sam was born. My world changed that day in so many ways. He had a rough start in this world coming in at only 4lbs. 6oz. Over his first year, God protected his little life multiple times. I KNOW God has big plans for this little guy. I just know it.

We are starting a new tradition for Birthdays this year. Instead of our whole family going out for a very expensive and chaotic Birthday meal. We have decided that Rick and I will take the Bday kid out for a meal at the restaurant of their choice some time during the Birthday month. This gives us some one-on-one time as a couple with that child. Sam got to start off this tradition. His choice: Panda Express. We don't get a ton of one-on-one time as a couple with each kid so it turned out to be really good. I am looking forward to doing it with the other kids throughout the year.
Rick and Sam at our bday lunch
The kids are allowed to have a "friend" party every other year. This was Sam's year. He chose a skating party. As part of the party, he got a free pair of skates.
I love this little guy so much!!
Daddy and Sam
Skating with friends
Go, Sam, Go
The girls enjoying their cake and ice cream
I have to tell you this funny story about Isaiah. We decided to let him try skating. I had the guy at the rink tighten his wheels so he wouldn't fall a lot. Well, he pretty much tightened them all the way. So, Isaiah got out there and walked around the rink several times perfectly. Then, he figured out what was going on. He kept looking at his wheels and everyone else's wheels. He realized his were not moving. He kept saying, "My wheels broken," and refused to continue skating. So, we had his wheels loosened a bit and he was happy again. He is so smart. We can't get anything past this kid. He had a blast and was very sad when it was time to leave.
Sam requested spaghetti for his bday dinner. He also wanted strawberry ice cream cone cupcakes. It was so funny because they were pink. We joked that he had Barbie cupcakes!! He thought that was funny. I didn't buy special plates and napkins because of the spending fast, but I found some orange napkins with spiders on them(orange is his favorite color) from Halloween. He loved them! We also had some Cars bowls leftover from last yeare for the rocky road ice cream. Once again, I didn't have to spend!!!!
Sam in the bday chair
Isaiah was a little grumpy at the end of the day
Sam, you are such a wonderful son!! I love your sense of humor, your charm, and your sensitive heart. I love the unexpected hugs and kisses you give me each day. I love the way you bring joy to our family. You have worked so hard this year in Kindergarten. I have seen you grow and mature and face your obstacles well. I can't wait to see what this next year holds for you!!
Love ya,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment