Sunday, January 3, 2010

Spending Fast - Day 3 - Blessed My Heart

I didn't spend any money today, but that is not why I feel so blessed.

I shared with our kids last week about this spending fast. I told them what we were doing and why. I also told them that the money we saved would go towards our adoption debt. They asked a few questions. I told them they didn't have to do it, but I wanted them to understand why I was doing it.

Today, I went to get the girls their allowance. When I tried to give it to them, they said, "No, Mom, we are doing the spending fast. We want our allowance this month to go towards the adoption."

Wow!! They didn't have to do this, but they are choosing to. They each get $2 a week and this month has 5 Sundays. That is $20 total that the girls are giving towards the adoption of their brother and sister. I am overwhelmed by their sacrifice and sensitive hearts.

Thank you, Lord, for the reminder today that my work and efforts as a mom are not in vain. Thank you that these two young hearts are seeking you over the stuff in their lives.

I look forward to seeing what God does in their hearts this month through their sacrifices.

4 comments:

  1. This blessed my heart too. Thank you for sharing this sweet story about your children's characters. No wonder God has given you 6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great!! You are making an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Heidi. Thank goodness that 6 wonderful souls will enter this world as adults one day. Thank you for sharing. It made me smile and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...that is awesome! and shows what an amazing example you are for them to follow!

    ReplyDelete