Saturday, January 2, 2010

Spending Fast - Day 2

I went to the grocery today to pick up a few essentials: diapers, bread, etc. I spent a total of $16.70. I felt that was reasonable and forge forward to my next day.

I will say, I am surprised at how much the thought of eating out has hit me in the last 2 days. I don't feel like I normally eat out a whole lot, but in the last 2 days, the thought has crossed my mind several times, definitely more than usual. I think it is true that when you take something out of your life, you are reminded of it more than when it is easily accessible. I am proud to say that I have not given in to the temptation.

On another note, Isaiah is potty training. I mention this here because this will be a huge relief to my budget if it is successful. We will be able to go to pullups at nap and bedtime only as opposed to all day and night. We have been doing it off and on all of Christmas break, but have really gotten serious the last couple of days. We had a victory today that we have yet to experience. He initiated going to the bathroom on his own two times today. He has also had no accidents today so far will only 4o minutes to go until bedtime. I see my grocery budget getting less tight as I type!!! Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Isaiah go! We will follow soon (hopefully) in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete