Sunday, January 17, 2010

Praying Without Ceasing

This week has truly been an example of what "praying without ceasing" is like.

Even in my sleep, there has been a restlessness in me that cries out to God for David, Renee, and their boys.

Going to bed without answers is unsettling and heavy. Waking up in the morning brings a sense of hope and a feeling of anxiousness all wrapped up together.

I wanted to update, especially for those of you who are not a part of the Vanguard Community.

Rescues are still occurring at the site where David was last seen. People are still ALIVE!! We believe David is there, awaiting rescue.

I look forward to being in church today. We will worship God as a body and beg Him for David's safe rescue.

It is times like these that the Body of Christ must unite, cry out together, and support each other.

That is what true family and community are all about.

Whether you are a part of Vanguard Church or not, whether you know the Hames family or not, I invite you to join us as the Body of Christ.

As you worship God today, join us in lifting this family up to the Lord. He knows exactly where David is. He is bigger than these circumstances. NOTHING is impossible with Him.


2 comments:

  1. While somewhat removed at this point from the Vanguard community, I still feel connected and my heart aches for Renee. Still praying for a miracle. Wish there was closure one way or another cuz the waiting is so difficult. Saw Kelly on the news, and Renee's letter sounded SO encouraging. I remember playing games with those 2 at the Covaks many years ago. Here's hoping and praying with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping and praying. So hoping! I hope David's family and his loved-ones get news soon.

    ReplyDelete