Sunday, March 7, 2010

What Am I Thinking?

There it is. The house we have spent the last 6 1/2 years in. We moved in when I was pregnant with Sam. We brought Isaiah and Laila home to this house. We have lived in this house longer than any other house in our whole 15 1/2 year marriage. I have loved it, really.

This week, we are putting it on the market in an effort to find a house that better suits our family of 8. The layout is just not working for us.

I have really mixed emotions about this. I love this house, but am beginning to find myself constantly frustrated over circumstances that I cannot control. As our kids get older and bigger, we are feeling very crowded. Keeping things straight is virtually impossible because there just doesn't seem to be enough room in the right places.

The kids feel the same. I think they will be glad to have a different house, but the thought of it does not excite them. They think of all the memories in this house and don't want to move.

I also struggle when I think about the circumstances of people all over the world. This house is above and beyond what the majority of our world has. How can I get more when there are so many people with so much less?

On top of all of that, I think about how crazy my life is already. How in the world am I going to keep this house ready for showings daily? On most days, I wouldn't even want my best friends to see the condition of my house. Our lives are busy and there are non-stop opportunities for my children to create messes.

We have been praying about this for a long time and feel that the time is right. So, I am trusting God that He has a buyer for this house and another house ready for us to buy. All the while, I am begging Him that this will happen VERY SOON!!!

Anyone out there want to buy a house?

1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    I can so resonate with your post...we left our first house three years ago and it was a very emotional experience for me. BUT fast forward now, I am glad we did it as I am no longer attached to a house like I used to be. It wasn't a bad thing but it has allowed me to free my heart for making changes I would have never thought I could I do three years ago.

    Good luck! If you EVER need a place to hang with the kids while those darn house showings are going on, stop on over.

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete