Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Little Fashion Diva

I have never seen a 21 month old child so fashion conscious as Laila. She has definite opinions about the clothes and shoes that she wears.
Isaiah so loves having his picture made
that I can rarely get a picture of her alone
They are both pretty adorable aren't they?
Well, yesterday was the perfect illustration of what I am talking about. Laila needed some shoes so after school I took her to Target to shop. I expected to walk in and pick the shoes that I liked without much input from her. NOT SO! This chick had definite opinions.

This is somewhat of a new thing for her. She is becoming more independent and opinionated about a lot of things. It is a little surprising because, up to this point, she has been a pretty laid back little gal. Not anymore. She has various ways of showing her frustrations when things are not going her way. If she is holding something, she throws it. If she is near the person who is upsetting her, she tries to hit them. Sometimes she will scream or spit, and other times she "carefully" lays herself down on the floor in defiance(I say it this way because most kids would throw themselves down screaming and crying, but not Laila. She would not want to hurt herself in the process. She is a smart girl.) Fortunately she is pretty tender-hearted and quickly softens saying she is sorry.

Back to yesterday. I found several pairs of shoes that were her size. I would show them to her and she would very strongly say, "yes" or "no" to the shoes. She would throw a fit if I put a pair on her that she did not like. I couldn't believe it. We narrowed it down to two pairs that she liked. I brought both of them home and figured I could return whichever pair we didn't use.
These are the shoes that she chose
I told Rick we are in big trouble if fashion is already this important to her!!

3 comments:

  1. it was so fun having them today for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that so funny! I got such a kick out of reading this blog today. Love her little personality and yes, I think you may have a mini fasion diva on your hands. It is interesting to think that God inately created them with these personalities. Little Laila has good taste in shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and they both look adorable in brown!!

    ~Nannette

    ReplyDelete