Friday, March 19, 2010

Last Year


On this day last year, Cody and I were headed to Africa.

I said goodbye to Lauren, Abby, and Sam not knowing that it would be over a month before I saw them again.

Rick's mom was here to take care of the kids and my mom was arriving a week later.

So many emotions flooded my soul. My focus was getting Cody through the travel experience.

That was no easy task. His sensory issues made the long trip a challenge.

He really did remarkably well. That experience is something he and I shared together that will always be special to me.

My heart was bursting to see those babies, but in my mind I knew I was still so very far away!!

At least the journey had begun. At least Rick was there to love them.

God's timing and orchestration of every detail was really so perfect. I can see all of that now so clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment