Monday, March 8, 2010

Sam, You Bring Me Joy!

Sam is really a fun kid. He is easy to love. He makes me laugh. He is loving. He laughs at my jokes. His life has been a testament of God's protection. God has rescued Him from death several times. I know that God has a big plan for him.

He is growing up, fast. Now he is in school. I miss him. Some days he will come home and say, "Mom, I cried a little today at school because I missed you." Who knows if he really did. When he says that, I know that he wants to make me feel loved. He is a charmer. He knows how to work it.
I just know those blue eyes are going to break some hearts some day.
He says some of the cutest things. Today I overheard him singing, "This Is My Country." I started singing with him and asked if he learned that at school. He responded, "Yes, we have another little song that we sing. I like to call it the 'Good Morning Song.'" The way he said it just cracked me up.
He started out so small at just 4 lbs. Now he looks so grown up and big to me.
I just love this little face with the spiked hair!
The day we got his hair cut spiked for the first time when he was 2, he was proud of it. That night when we prayed, his prayer was, "Dear Jesus, thank you for my cool hair. I love it."

Sam's song is called, "You Bring Me Joy." The chorus says,"Love of my life, you bring me joy. You fill my world with the wonders of His love. I've got a glimpse of heaven."

Sam, you truly have been a glimpse of heaven in my life. Please don't ever lose your sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment