Saturday, March 6, 2010

Joy and Sadness Mingled Together

Today was the Memorial Service to honor and celebrate the life of David Hames. In times like these, it is so hard to understand what God is doing. It doesn't makes sense.

Why did God give David this amazing vision for Captain Cranium and his Cranium's Ark series, only to take him home after only one episode?

Why do Renee, Aidan, and Zander now have to learn to live their lives without her husband and their father?

Why did God give David such a heart and vision for orphans around the world without the opportunity to fully live out the dreams in his heart?

I don't understand it. I laughed and cried as we watched the video slide show that gave us a picture of David's life. He was funny and passionate, and God used him greatly.

My heart ached as we heard Zander calling out to his daddy while the video played and while we watched Renee and Aidan release the red balloons up to the sky with tears in their eyes.

I will never forget the trip to Swaziland that David joined us in and the AMAZING mini- documentary he created.

We will always be big fans of Cranium's Ark around here.

Now, we ask God how we can be a part of what He is doing in honor of David's life, and how we can walk with Renee and the boys through the journey ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I read this post that day you wrote it and it has been on my mind since. I guess it hit pretty hard since a friend of ours lost his 40-year-old wife to the flu almost a year ago. I just saw him and his 4 children last night. I still well up with tears. I will never forget her memorial service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about the service, espeically listening to Zander shout, "Daddy!" every time a picture came up during the slideshow. It's really overwhelming.

    I hope that the day will come soon where we finally see how God is bringing some good out of such pain.

    ReplyDelete