Monday, March 15, 2010

Bible Reading Challenge

I am moving right along with reading the Bible each day this month. I finished Psalms and am on to Proverbs. I am finding that the idea of reading my Bible each day is coming to my mind more than before when it was just hit or miss. Other than the day when I completely forgot, I have remembered each day and have been excited to make it a priority. I hope I am forming a habit that I can continue once this month is over.

Because I had been in the Word more consistently leading up to the retreat, I feel like my heart was softened to hear some things that God wanted to speak to me. From the moment the speaker began and throughout each session, I could hear God speaking directly to me through her. It was powerful and a bit overwhelming.

We heard about how the wounds of our lives can often manifest themselves in a judgmental and critical spirit. In order to become more loving and accepting we have to deal with those wounds. It sounds so simple, and I have probably heard it before, but this time it REALLY impacted me. We also talked about the negative "I am" statements that we say to ourselves and how we need to begin saying the opposite of those (ex. "I am a failure" should become "I am who God created me to be.") It was the RIGHT message at the RIGHT time for me.

I have a lot of journaling, praying and Bible reading to do in order to now move forward with what I know and apply the knowledge to my heart. I am so glad I have been reading my Bible regularly this month. My heart feels ready to process and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment