Friday, March 12, 2010

Let the Memories Begin

**CORRECTION!!** I read my journal this weekend and realized that my days were off. Rick actually left on Sunday for Africa. So, the memories can now begin. More memories shared this week!!

It was on this day last year that I sent Rick off on a plane to Africa to complete the process of adopting Isaiah and Laila. He went ahead of Cody and me to spend the week moving things along before we joined him with a team from Vanguard a week later.

I expect the next 5 weeks of my life to be emotional but also joyful as we relive the time spent completing this process leading up to April 16, the day we arrived home and our whole family was together for the first time.

I didn't get to go on the women's retreat last year because of this. It seems fitting for me to begin this time of memories away at this retreat. I have much to reflect on that has happened over the last year. This last year, I saw God move mountains and do miracles over and over. I am reminded of that regularly as I think back over our process.

When I return, I will begin recounting on this blog the days of our trip and the process that God took us through as he joined Isaiah and Laila to our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment