Saturday, July 17, 2010

Regrouping...Again

Is it normal to have to regroup every day?

This is becoming a pattern with my children.

I instituted Quiet Time around here for the afternoon. It is something I do every day during the school year, but we relax a lot of things during the summer.

Today, Quiet Time was enforced.

I needed it.

They needed it.

We were all better for it.

Cody has been doing a really good job of being the "man of the house" while Rick is gone.

Today, he mowed the yard for the first time completely by himself.
He did a great job!
He also enjoyed having the responsibility.
I am having issues with my sprinkler system that I can't get resolved so Cody even watered the yard for me with the hose sprinkler. I am determined for Rick to come home to a green lawn!!

I did something I don't usually do. I grilled. Now, it was just hot dogs, but Rick is the grill master around here so I don't ever have to grill.
My grilling skills
The kids raved about the hot dogs. I think they were trying to make me feel good about my work. I appreciated it. Can you really go wrong with Nathan's hot dogs?
I am finding my patience level to be decreasing. When it is bedtime, I feel "done" for the day. My frustration is that inevitably at bedtime, some kind of issue arises with one of the children. If Rick was here, he would step in and take care of it for me. I am trying so hard to be patient and handle it well. I just need that break.

They are finally all in bed. Now, I plan to read and relax.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way when Matthew is gone. It's so hard being a single parent...and the exhaustion is there...am praying for you as Rick is away..

    ReplyDelete