Friday, July 16, 2010

Battles Abound

I am surrounded by battles.

Spiritual battles.

Battles with my house. I am still having problems with my window well leaking. This ONLY happens when Rick is gone. I am not joking!!

Battles between my children.

Battles with my children.

Battles in my own head as I try to figure out what God is doing.

Life is like this when Rick is gone.

Today was a busy day.

It started out with a great visit catching up with a friend and her daughter.

On the way home, I got a call that we had a showing on our house from 4:00-6:00.

First of all, can anyone tell me why someone would need a 2 hour window to look at this house? Really? It is a great house, but it is not that big!!

Secondly, do we really have to always have showings during meal times?

We haven't had a showing since we were on vacation. Let's just say, I have kind of let it go.

We swung by the library really quick to get some summer reading prizes. Laila had a couple of fits while we were there. That was lovely.

The really good part is that the kids all got Free Chicken-fil-a (that is what Isaiah calls it) coupons. So, dinner was taken care of!!

I called home to let Cody know that we had a showing just to prepare him. He handles unexpected things better if I give him a heads up.

He totally shocked me. When I got home, he had been working on the house already. Wow!! I was not expecting that.

My kids are like that. They will have these bright moments in the midst of such frustrating times with them. It is in those moments I feel a small bit of satisfaction and reward for all of my parenting efforts.

I fed the kids really quick, got the little ones down for nap, and we kicked it into high gear.

We got the house ready and the showing actually happened. Please pray that these people will make an offer on our house!!! I want them to not be able to forget about it and for our house to continue to come to their minds over and over until they act.

I got to talk to Rick today. That is always a blessing. It is rare to have that opportunity when he is in Swaziland. It sounds like the trip is going great and God is doing some BIG things.

Battles abound.

BUT, I will fight them over and over if it means making the difference in the lives of the Swazi people.

Following this calling as a family is something we ALL sacrifice for. I am so thankful when God gives us a glimpse of what He is doing.

We are praying for you, Vanguard Team!!!

If you want to see Rick's updates from the trip, join "Beyond Survival" on Facebook. I am sending out updates to the members as I receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment