Thursday, July 29, 2010

Heart Surgery Part 2

So, the surgery is pretty painful today.

I should have expected it after such a great couple of days.

Satan is not happy when we experience victory and freedom over the schemes and lies that he feeds us.

Recognizing it is from him helps.

But it is still sooo painful.

I did not sleep hardly at all last night. I felt oppressed, overwhelmed, and consumed by anxiety.

Then, I was greeted by an attack on our family this morning. It was ugly. It was brutal. It was all lies.

It is in those moments that I have to turn to God as our defender.

Sometimes no amount of reasoning or explanation will make a difference.

Hurt people, hurt people. That is how I have to view this situation.

Satan does not like what God is doing in my heart. He does not like what God is doing in our ministry.

He knows we are not his so he tries with all of his might to steal, kill, and destroy.

Heart Surgery is painful, but I will not pull back. I will not stop fighting this fight.

The stakes are way too high to back out now. I will stand strong.

2 comments: