Friday, July 30, 2010

Reclaiming My House

Six months ago, we began the process of putting our house on the market.

It has been a long six months.

The process of getting it ready was exhausting.

Having it on the market has been even more exhausting.

We had quite a few showings in March and April.

Things really slowed down beginning in May.

We have only had 2 showings in June and July(the time when the market was supposed to really pick up).

About 2 months into showings, Rick and I decided to set a deadline. Mentally, I needed an end date in sight, a goal to work towards.

That end date is tomorrow. Our house hasn't sold. God has different plans for us.

It has been discouraging to put myself through all of this work and aggravation to end up back to square one.

This house is not impossible for us to live in, just inconvenient in its layout for a family of 8.

I am ready to be done. I am ready to put back up the pictures of my family and Africa. I am ready to live in my house again.

I believe God has purpose in this. I just don't know right now what it is.

We could possibly rent out this house and rent a different one for ourselves.

We have to recover from the last 6 months for deciding on that one.

For now, I don't have to constantly think about keeping my house within 2 hours of being show ready.

I don't have to cringe every time my phone rings wondering if my the course of my whole day will change because of a showing.

I don't have to work myself and my kids to death for a showing that never happens.

I am choosing to be thankful for the relief even if the end result is not what I had hoped.

2 comments:

  1. You know, when we were looking for a home, we decided one day that we would choose 1 of the 11 we were going to look at that day. After we saw them, we couldn't come to an agreement and I told Jamie that we needed to contact our realtor again. He did, and she sent us the listing of a house and just by the pictures we knew we were interested. Two hours later we were looking at it, I wasn't more than two steps up the stairs and told our realtor this was the one. We'd been looking for 4 months. It can happen, just like that. It can happen tomorrow...and until the day is done you never know what doors God will open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Laura...

    My name is Kelli Rowley, and I am Joshua Cast's sister. He and I were talking today about our family potentially adopting 2 sisters from Africa, and he mentioned that you might be able to give me some recommendations and thoughts.

    We actually used to live in the Springs and attended Vanguard, but that was about 5 years ago now! (I remember your 4 older kids...boy, have they all grown!!)

    I have done a lot of research on agencies and such, but it can be so overwhelming! And we don't know anyone who has adopted. If you have a little time and don't mind sharing a bit about your journey, please feel free to email me at kelli.rowley@gmail.com (and if you're just too busy...I completely understand!!)

    I look forward to spending more time reading through your posts!

    Thanks, Laura!
    ...kelli

    ReplyDelete