Thursday, July 15, 2010

Better Day

Today has been a much better day.

Actually this afternoon was refreshing, relaxing, and enjoyable.

I am still having some basement issues. Made a call today and a friend is coming to check that out.

The kids still don't know what it means to get along.

Lauren and Laila had well checkups at the dr. today.

Laila got some shots. Poor baby.

When the dr. asked me if I she had shown any interest in the potty, Laila shook her head with an adamant "no." It cracked us both up. Laila knew exactly what the dr. said. She got some Princess Tianna underwear for her bday. The minute she saw them she threw them on the ground. I am not going to attempt adding that to my life right now. At least she cheers for us when we go potty.

I packed 4-50lb. bags of supplies to go with another team to Swaziland.

And then, I was blessed with a break!!

My precious friend, Andrea, took me out to lunch at my favorite, Chipotle. She wanted to take me out for my bday. It took us a while to schedule it, but the timing was so perfect.

Then, after lunch, she surprised me by taking me to get a back and foot massage!!! Oh, my goodness. It was relaxing and refreshing.

I could have gone to sleep right at that moment. It could not have come at a better time.

Thank you, Andrea, for loving me so well!! You blessed me and encouraged me. It was just what I needed.

Now, cooking supper for the kids doesn't seem quite so overwhelming. It is amazing what a couple of hours away can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment