Friday, July 9, 2010

I Have a Confession

Some people like beer.

Some people like wine.

Some people like coffee.

I like soda. (Sweet tea and lemonade are favs as well.) Some things just taste better with soda, like pizza and Chipotle.

I know that High Fructose Corn Syrup is bad for me.

I have tried the "natural" sodas and don't REALLY like them. I just tolerate them.

I have decided that a soda every now and then is okay.

I am not drinking diet sodas. I figure the artificial sweeteners are worse than the HFCS.

In Africa, the sodas are made with cane sugar. Why can't they do that here?

Cherry Pepsi is my drink of choice, especially when it is homemade, Pepsi with grenadine.

We are still not eating foods with High Fructose Corn Syrup and have figured out a pretty good groove on that one .

So, there you have it, my confession. I have to own it since I shared my fasting challenges with you.

My name is Laura, and I drink soda. Love me or leave me, faults and all.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU! and i'm right there with you...LOVE soda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME Toooo love soda way too much!!!!! If you want a soda with sugar go to Sugarland Soda's on Union and Briargate. It is next to a pizza place on the southwest corner. I think most of their soda's have no HFCS just good old sugar!

    ReplyDelete