Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Refreshment

Refreshment is in sight.

I can almost feel it today.

Tomorrow, Rick and I leave for Minneapolis.

Nothing against Minneapolis, but it is not on my list of places I must see, but that doesn't really matter right now.

It is away with my husband and with 1,000 other people that are passionate about orphan care and adoption!!!!

We are going to the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit, and Rick has the opportunity to be on a panel in a breakout session and share about the work of Beyond Survival!!

I can't wait to hear the speakers. I can't wait to be around other people like me.

I can't wait to sleep in a hotel and eat out, and not have to keep my house clean for showings.

I can't wait for Rick and I to have each others' undivided attention.

I can't wait to have a break from being a mom, just for a few days.

It is a much needed break.

It is going to take 6 people to do what I do while I am gone. You would not believe the orchestrating I have had to do to make this possible and the amazing people that have stepped up to help me out.

I am one hard person to replace.

5 comments:

  1. Have fun!!! Actually, Mpls is a pretty great city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could go this weekend, but hopefully I'll be on a plane going somewhere too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say you're irreplaceable! :)

    Need anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying for you this weekend. You've been on my mind so much this week. I love you and I'm rooting for a lovely, refreshing, relaxing, recharging weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete