Thursday, April 8, 2010

Food Challenge - Week 1

I have completed the first week of my food challenge.

The biggest struggle for me has been the cost of food. We live on a very modest food budget. I am struggling to figure out how to still do that in buying these more expensive foods.

My life right now requires some convenience foods. There just really is no way around it. I don't have time to make everything from scratch with our house on the market.

It is one week into this challenge, and I have already spent more than half of my grocery budget for the month.

I have done fairly well this week. I don't think I have eaten anything on my "get rid of" list. I haven't started the green drink yet. They were out of it at Vitamin Cottage. I have to go back.

I have missed sodas. I wanted to drink one today. I have also missed gum. Does anyone know of a gum that does not have aspartame????

The yucky food in our house is dwindling, and I am replacing it with the good (much more expensive) stuff.

Week 2, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Don't know about the gum. I am completely annoyed by the aspartame thing in gum as well, but just live with it at this point. I am actually encouraged to hear that I'm not a horrible shopper. All of the natural food and special stuff I buy just kills my grocery budget. I get a little down about it sometimes, but God just keeps providing exactly what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Spry Gum, sweetened with Xylitol. Good for mouth health too.
    We are watching your progress -- Good Luck! Be sure to take advantage of all of our free nutritional counseling, recipes, etc. Also, let us know which is your home Vitamin Cottage.

    ReplyDelete