Friday, April 9, 2010

Busy Day Full of Milestones

I don't feel like I have stopped going today since my head left the pillow.

Got the 4 big kids ready and took them to school.

We had our LAST post placement visit for the adoption today!!!!!! I can't put enough exclamation points on that one. It is complete. (Except that I still need to order their new birth certificates.) No more paperwork. No more appointments. No more hoops to jump through, and no more ridiculously overpriced fees to pay. WOOHOO!!! I cannot type it large enough to truly express how excited I am about it.

This afternoon, I had a neat opportunity. I was able to go to a local high school and share with their class about Beyond Survival and the work that we do. They want to do a fundraiser as a class project supporting our work!! I love talking about Swaziland. I love being reminded myself of why our family is doing this. I love seeing the light bulb go off in someone else's head when they realize the difference in their lives as compared to the lives of the Swazi people. It excites me and exhilarates me.

I can't wait to see how this impacts the lives of these teenagers. I truly hope that this experience is one that changes them. I am praying that I was able to plant some seeds in their hearts that will grow and lead them to live their lives differently because of it.

Rick and I get to do this again in a couple of weeks with the youth group at our church. I can't wait.

If you are reading this and don't know what I am talking about, check out our website and see what is happening. Click here to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment