Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sick

We are a bit of a mess around here today.

I have been battling a cold for over a week. It just seems to be getting worse. Now, I am wondering if it is becoming a sinus infection.

And, yes, I am even using a neti pot even though I feel like I am going to drown every time I use it!!

I never know when to just break down and go to the doctor. I don't want to waste the time or money if I am just going to be told it is viral and has to run its course. On the other hand, after a week, I feel like I am getting worse rather than better.

I was up 4 hours in the night unable to sleep because of it.

On top of that, Sam came home from school yesterday just fine. And then, all of a sudden, a horrible stomach bug hit him. It was bad. Lots of pain and lots of throwing up.

He is home today missing his 100th day of school. I feel sad for him. He even made a shirt with 100 S's on it for Super Sam.

A nap may be in the books for today. I need to get better, and I need that nasty bug that Sam has to not spread through this house. I just don't feel up to cleaning up that much vomit.

Aren't you glad you read this post today?

We did start our April Challenge today.

I borrowed my friend's juicer(Thanks, Andrea) and made some fresh juice this morning. It was heavenly. Not totally sure how I feel about juicing. Anyone have an opinion?

It just seems like a lot of fruit and veggies that are used for only a little juice. I guess if it is the only way to get those fruits and veggies in your body, it is better than nothing.

I am not branching out into the organic arena yet, unless I just see a really good price on something. So, I am washing my fruits and veggies in a vinegar and water mixture(equal parts of each). Most pesticides are resistant to water so, the vinegar is needed to really get the junk off the food.

Today is one day where I am praying that we don't have any showings on the house. The energy it will take to get it ready and go out feels like too much.

That's our day. Don't you wish you could be me?

2 comments:

  1. actually no, I don't wish to be you! not today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did the packets help with the burning?

    ReplyDelete