Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today's Random Happenings

-I have cleaned 5 spills today of various fluids.

-I have wiped snot at least 30 times from various children's faces.

-I have labeled individual pencils, crayons, markers, colored pencils, glue sticks, etc. for 4 children.

-I have asked for my scissors that belong in the kitchen at least 5 times today.(I am convinced that those scissors have legs. They are NEVER in the holder.)

-My palm pilot(Yes, I know, old school. My cell phone is actually just a phone) seems to have died. This is serious, people. I maintain the lives of 8 people with that device. If I cannot retrieve that info we are in big trouble. If we do not show up to something we are supposed to be at, you know why. I have at least 5 items on my "to do" list that I cannot do now because they involve dates and times.

- My quads in my right leg are so sore today from my towing adventures yesterday that I can barely walk up and down the stairs.(I know that means I am really out of shape. I admit it.)

-I get to take 6 children through a large crowd of people today pulling a wagon with 2 children and carrying at least 15 bags of school supplies to find each child's classroom, all the while taking pictures, creating memories and greeting teachers.

-For some reason today my children have decided they need to work on Halloween costumes. "Listen, kids, mom can barely survive one day at a time. Do we really have to work on something that is over 2 months away?" We currently have a 2 princesses, yoda, a bat, a dragon, and a Dallas Cowboys player walking around my house.

I do believe I need some cookie dough.

2 comments: