Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baking Bread With Lauren

Lauren and Abby have really started showing an interest in cooking. So, I am trying to teach them how to cook many different things. One thing that I love to do is bake bread. Lauren got to do the process with me first. Abby was the photographer for our baking session. She took some great pictures. At one point I did have to move a chair for her to stand on. We had quite a few pictures at her eye level where you couldn't really see much. Abby gets her turn to bake with me next time.
Grinding the wheat in the mill.
Lauren with the fresh whole wheat flour
Measuring the ingredients for our dough
Pouring them into the mixer
The dough
Teaching Lauren to shape the dough for loaves of bread
Rolling out dough for cinnamon rolls
Buttering the dough
Adding cinnamon and brown sugar
Rolling up the dough and mixture
Ready to cut the cinnamon rolls
(I highly recommend using dental floss to cut them. It makes a clean cut.)
Cinnamon rolls ready to rise
We baked 2 loaves of bread,
8 tortillas,
and 2 dozen cinnamon rolls.
Here is one with icing fresh out of the oven, ready to eat.
It was delicious. We had fun. I can't wait to take Abby through the process.

2 comments:

  1. Laura you are such a good mom. I love all the experiences you lead your children through.

    ReplyDelete