Sunday, August 1, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. Laila told me that she loves me for the first time yesterday without me prompting her. That was off-the-charts special for me.

2. Cody is gearing up to play football for the first time. He has football camp this week. He is either going to really love this or really hate it.

3. It gives me great pleasure to say that the For Sale sign is no longer in my yard. In less than a day, my house is already a disaster. I may never clean again!

4. Today marks 1o yrs. of serving at Vanguard Church for our family. Lauren was just a month old when we moved here. Seems like yesterday and years ago all at the same time.

5. I cooked supper 3 times this week. More than I can remember in a loooong time.

6. One of my favorite things to do is lay in my bed and cuddle and sing with Laila while the air conditioning is running in my room.

7. Isaiah's imagination is wildly creative. Every time I go to get him up from his nap, a new unknown adventure awaits me. Today, he had a new baby girl named Hannah.

8. School begins in only 2 1/2 weeks. I still have to shop for supplies and figure out if the kids have all the uniform items they need. Can you say, "I am procrastinating on that one?"

9. According to Laila, in her class at church, she eats goldfish and sings "Single Ladies."

10. Abby needs to see an allergy doctor and a heart doctor in the next couple of weeks. Good times. We really need some answers for these headaches she has been having over the last year!

11. Lauren mopped my kitchen floor today and made cookies this week all by herself. I am loving her getting older.

12. Sam has a robe that his Grammy got him that he wears all the time around the house. Rick said he just needs some slippers and a pipe to complete the outfit. It is quite funny.

I know that was the most thrilling and random post you have ever read. That is my life right now, thrilling!

1 comment:

  1. I don't usually leave comments but read your blog a lot...keeping it so real my friend...i love it...and miss our community in the Springs...so much right now! And AMEN to not having a house on the market...ah, that is tough!

    ReplyDelete