Sunday, August 15, 2010

Football Picnic

Cody is starting football. He has been to camp and has now completed his first week of practice with his helmet. This week begins the challenge of practice in full pads and gear. Let me just say it is hot out and Cody has sensory issues. Rick will be helping him as he adjusts this week. I have no idea which pad goes where!

On Sat. we had a team picnic for families. The boys and dads played 2 on 2 football. The final game came to Cody and Rick against Chris and Harrison, good friends of the family. That is so funny! They haven't played the final game yet.

It was a lot of fun. I got to meet some of the other moms on the team, and got to catch up with some friends as well.
Fowlers vs. Clapps
On the field
Cody has 2 of his friends on the team, Harrison and Micah. This means that my girls have two friends to play with while at the games, Micah and Maddie. They built a tent with chairs and blankets and had a blast.
They are all in the picture, you just have to look carefully to see
Maddie between Abby and Lauren.
This was probably one of the first times that I got no pictures of Isaiah and Laila. Oh, well, I was too busy trying to feed them, keep an eye on Isaiah, and had Laila crawling on me most of the time.

We are looking forward to cheering Cody on in his first season of football. I feel like we have entered a whole new world!!

1 comment: