Thursday, August 26, 2010

Girl After Her Mama's Heart

If you read the post "Processing With Isaiah," then you know that after bath time has become a time for me to cuddle him and talk about Swaziland, his birth mom, and his place in our family. Laila has seen us have some of those conversations.

Today, when I got her out of the bath, I cuddled her up like a baby and said, "Laila, would you like to talk about Swaziland?" She said, "yes." I said, "What do you want to talk about?" Her response, "chips." I laughed so hard.

This girl loves her some chips. That is what is important to her right now. So, we had a discussion about chips and how she is going to have some at lunch today. It was beautiful.

It makes me chuckle, because this girl has the same passion for food that her mama does. We both love it. We both enjoy it. We both like to talk about it. Who says you have to be blood related to be connected within your soul?

Pray for us today. We are going to try to get a picture again. She is claiming right now that she is going to cooperate. Who knows what she will do when we get there. Regardless, I am coming home today with a new picture whether she is happy or sad in it.

1 comment: