Thursday, August 12, 2010

How in the World Did My Son Get This Big????

When you see your kids every day, you don't really notice the growth and changes they are going through. When you slow down, take pictures of them, and then REALLY look at them, you go, "What the heck?" That is how I felt about these pictures. Cody is turning 12 at the end of this month. I know he is growing up. I know he is getting older. BUT, looking at these pictures really opens my eyes to it.

Getting his picture made is not one of his favorite things to do. He did it, he survived it, and now we can move on with life. He did a good job and suffered for the sake of his mom who will always treasure the pictures I have of him from each year of his life.





Cody is playing football for the first time this year. He has been to football camp, and this is his first week of practices. They are practicing in their helmets this week. Next week, they will add all the pads to their practice. I can't get over how serious this stuff is even in 6th grade. They have practice 4 times a week until games start, and then, once games start, practice 3 days a week with games then on Sat. I thought maybe we could ease into this slowly, but oh no. By the end of the season, he will know for sure if he really likes football or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment