Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

I have shared what my kitchen looked like on the first day of school. Now, I willshare the pics of the kids. Our day started with pancakes. I wasn't going to do them. I was tired and afraid we were going to be late. The kids were so disappointed when they heard, that I just had to.

Sam was so excited to finally be going to school all day long. He also couldn't wait to eat lunch at school. Every day since he started, he has come home with a big smile on his face saying how great his day has been. I am so glad. He feels confident. That is huge because he struggled at the beginning of the year last year. I think he will do great!!
Abby is in second grade
Lauren likes school even though she wouldn't dare admit it, especially in front of her older brother. She got the teacher she was hoping for and one of her classmate friends from last year. The backpack she has on in this picture tore up after the first day of school. She got a different one that she took for the first time today. When looking for backpacks, it was very important to her that she have one that would still be cool in 5th grade because we use them for 2 years.
Lauren is in 4th grade
How do you think Cody feels about school? I'll give you one guess. He is so smart. He is also really social. I think he likes it better than he lets on. He misses it when he doesn't have to go. At our school, middle school begins in 7th grade so he is still at the elementary campus. They do begin transitioning them by doing a block schedule so he gets to move to different teachers for different subjects. I think he likes it. He also has his 2 best friends in homeroom with him!!
Cody is in 6th grade
This is my sweet year for school. Everyone is at the same campus all day. I drop the 4 big kids off at 8:00 and don't have to pick them up until 3:30. It really is a beautiful thing. I have had several years of kindergarten pick ups which really mess up the day. Also, next year, Cody will be at a different campus. I am really trying to soak up and enjoy this "easier" year.

On the first day of school, about an hour after I dropped off the kids, Laila, Isaiah and I were shopping. I stopped in the middle of the store and just thought about how easy this is. I immediately sent Rick a text that said, "FREEDOM!!" Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. I just also love that they have a great school to go to, and I can use that time to pour into Isaiah and Laila and keep our household running smoothly.
Where did all these big kids come from? They will always be my babies!!
Daddy and kiddos
We are off to a good start. They all look so big to me. I know at the end of the school year, I will look back on these pictures and be amazed at how much they have grown over the year.

1 comment: