Tuesday, August 31, 2010

12 Years, Really????

My baby is 12 years old!! It really is so hard to believe. So much has happened in our lives over the last 12 years. He has lived in 5 different apt./ homes and 2 different states. He was born in Dallas and is a Dallas Cowboys fan just like his dad. He has started playing football this year. We are so excited to see him play. He also loves watching the Cowboys play with Rick. That is something they are now enjoying together.

Since Cody's bday was on a school day and football practice day this year, we did most of our celebrating over the weekend. He, his dad, and his two friends, Harrison and Cody went to play laser tag on Sat. Afterwards they got Blizzards as a treat.
On Sunday night, we had a family bday dinner for him. He chose fajitas. All the kids had sodas for dinner which is a rare occurrence around. A decision we regretted when it was 10:00 and everyone was still awake!! Cody chose Throwback Mountain Dew.
Here is a sample of his plate
He also requested chocolate cupcakes. I found a really good gluten free mix for the cake and frosting. It was so good that we all loved it!!
After dinner, Cody opened gifts.
Here is the whole crew!!
Sam got him camouflage duct tape
Abby got him football cards
Lauren got him Magic cards and Milk Duds
Rick and I got him a snowball blaster
Papa and Grammy got him some clothes along with some cash
He is a man that likes cash. He got cash from us, from grandparents and gift cards from his friends. Now he is planning how he will spend his money.
This picture makes me laugh!
Today, he woke up to gf cinnamon sugar donuts. I also took Icee pops to his class for a treat. After football practice, he came home for dinner and got to play his new video game that he bought with some of his bday money.

Cody, I am so proud of you. I love your sense of humor. I love your creativity. You have such a gift for drawing and creating. When you got your snowball blaster, you looked over it and said that you could have invented that. Your mind works that way. I love seeing how you have taken ownership of your relationship with God in a deeper way over the last year. You have started football and drum lessons this year. Now, you are in 6th grade and adjusting to a new schedule and new school year.

I see how God has made you into a leader. I pray that you will embrace that aspect of your personality and gifting and use it for His glory.

"You will always be my little man, I'll love you the best that a mama can."(words from Cody's song that I chose for him, "I Love You Up To The Moon."

No comments:

Post a Comment