Monday, August 30, 2010

September Challenge

If you have been reading my blog all year, you may remember that I declared this a year of challenges. I planned to do a different challenge each month throughout the year. I decided to take the summer off, but now I am ready to begin again. Let me recap the challenges we have done:

January - Spending Fast - I only spent money on absolute necessities. I saved a ton that month!!
February - Kindness Challenge - It was my goal to do an act of kindness for at least one of my children each day.
March - Bible Reading - To read my Bible every day of the month. I only missed 3 days.
April - Dietary Changes. - We eliminated High Fructose Corn Syrup, Trans fats, and Artificial Sweeteners from our diet. We added Hormone free milk, flax, fish oil, and healthier eggs. I am happy to say we have stuck with these changes!!
May - Exercise - I had a goal to exercise regularly. I also added a green drink to my diet!!
June, July, August - Took a break. Although you could say having all the kids at home all day for the summer was a challenge!!

September
For my September challenge, I am going to do a pantry, fridge and freezer clean out. I am hoping to prepare our meals according to the food I have and get these areas cleaned out and reorganized. I currently have two refrigerators and one big freezer. I need to empty out the big freezer so that I can defrost it. I also need to use the food that is collected in there. Rick is always saying, "Why do you need to go to the grocery when we have so much food in this house?" He is very pleased to find out that I am going to use some of that food up. I will let you know how it goes.

I hope that in my efforts to use up food, I will also save money in my grocery budget. I am way over. I need to catch up from the summer.

So, there you have it. Does anyone want to join me? By the end of Sept., we may be eating meals that consist of marshmallows, croutons, and bbq sauce!!

No comments:

Post a Comment