Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Insanity

This one of those weeks where I feel like my schedule just might send me over the edge. I have 5 MAJOR projects with deadlines this week in addition to my normal chaos. So, in order to save time, I thought I would share some of what I am doing in pics.

Our school has their used uniform sale this week. I have 89 items to put in it. I have been
sorting, pricing
and hanging all of these clothes
in hopes that I can get some money to buy new stuff the kids need.
I began my school supply shopping.
(This is the contents of the 1 of the 10 bags of supplies I have purchased!)
That task is not complete, but feels under control at this point.

Laila is getting her hair braided today.
I am working frantically to get the old braids out.
So far, I have spent 3 1/2 hours.
I have figured out that it takes me almost 5 minutes on each braid. I have 30 to go. I have to have the braids out and have her hair cleaned, conditioned and blow dried out by 1:30 to get her to her 2:00 appt. I am expecting all of that to take at least 3 hours. Then, it will most likely take another 3 hours to rebraid it!! Let's just say, Laila is getting a lot of TV time in today.

The kids have their school open house today. We are rushing out this morning to do that so I can get back and start braiding!!

I have another event on Friday that requires my main level to be spotless! Yeah, that is likely!

On Saturday, we are doing a family photo shoot. I haven't even begun to pick out everyone's clothes for that. I had a nightmare last night that we showed up in all these horrible out-of- style clothes that did not match. It was frightening. I may be out on Sat. morning shopping if I don't get my rear in gear.

Finally, on Sat. afternoon, I can breathe a sigh of relief. It can't come soon enough.

I hope on the other side of everything, I will have a little cash from the uniform sale, will have had an enriching time at my Friday night event, most of my school supply shopping done(I still have to tackle the uniform beast), and some great pics of my kids and our family together.

Oh, and did I mention that we all still have to eat every day during this process?????

2 comments:

  1. How about barefoot, white tees and denim for photo shoot...simple & probably already in your house...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!!! Its almost over!!! :)

    ReplyDelete