Monday, August 22, 2011

Feed My Starving Children

On Saturday, the 4 big kids and I had the privilege to work at a Feed My Starving Children Event at a local church. I was so excited for my kids to have a chance to make a difference in the lives of other children just like them.

We arrived and got our hair nets on
Before beginning the packing, we learned that about 20,000 children die every day from starvation. We also learned that this organization plans to provide 127 million meals this year around the world. The meals we were packaging would be going to Haiti.

We were putting together meals that contained chicken flavor with vitamins and nutrients, vegetables, soy protein, and rice.
The finished product
The goal for the whole weekend was 100,000 meals. It only costs 24 cents per meal. That is something that anyone can do!! When it was all complete, the total number of meals packaged were 101,088 meals!!!! It was so exciting to work together with other believers to make this happen.
Sam putting labels on the bags
Cody(left) and Lauren(middle) putting food into bags
Abby(middle) packing food
I am so proud of my kids for their hard work and really hope this day will be something they think about often.

No comments:

Post a Comment