Saturday, August 6, 2011

Change of Plans

Remember how we were going to get our family pictures made today? Well, Cody woke up looking like this:
He has a horrible stye on his left eye. He looks like he has been punched in the eye and it is almost swollen shut.

Needless to say, we won't be taking pics today.

You know what that means? That means my projects for this week are complete!!!!!

Today is now a day to relax. On one hand, I am bummed. I worked really hard to get ready for these pics, but it is out of my control.

That has been one of the hardest lessons for me to learn as the mom of 6 kids. There is so much out of my control. I can plan and work and do everything in my power to make things happen, but ultimately, the final result is out of my control.

This is a lesson I think God wants us to learn in all of our lives, and especially as parents. WE DO NOT HAVE CONTROL. We can't control how our kids turn out. We can't control how our days will go. That doesn't mean we stop working. It doesn't mean we stop planning. It just means we hold everything loosely!!

Today, because of the turn of events, I get a day of rest with my family. Not too bad. I will take that trade off any day!!

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention that, when the time comes round again for the pictures, you already have all those plans taken care of...talk about checking off an item before it's even added!!! Feel better, Cody!

    ReplyDelete